Did you know that:
- Kukkónia is 84 kilometres long and 15-30 kilometres wide.
- Its area of 1,885 km2 makes it the largest river island in Europe.
- Its altitude ranges between 105-130 meters above sea level, the highest point is a mound with the local Roman Catholic Church and cemetery in Malé Dvorníky.
- It is the driest and warmest part of Slovakia with 2,000-2,500 sunshine hours a year.
- The weather is rarely calm, most of the year there is a West to North-West wind.
- Despite the dry and warm climate it has the largest reservoir of drinking water in Central Europe with about 10 billion m3 of quality drinking water.